Of all the bullshit the straight single male in the big city has to deal with, none is more annoying, infuriating and plain capricious than the flakiness of the female gender. Women flake for a variety of reasons... from plain old chickening out, to changing their minds, to absent mindedness....
Now I am not saying that women should not be allowed to change their minds, nor am I talking about disregarding a woman's prerogative.
What I am talking about is the tendency for young(er) woman to not follow through on plans they have made. In fact, I have dealt with so many flakes during my dating career in NYC that I do not trust plans till I have reconfirmed them 24 to 36 hrs before the event.
I have dealt with less flakes as a swinger but this is just because I have a rigorous and no bullshit screening process for couples and single females . And I must admit, I probably have had more than my fair share of luck in that particular process.
However, after dealing with a flake, who would not have told me of her reasons to cancel till the last minute if I had not reached out with my customary confirmatory text, the whole thing just pisses me off. I was really looking forward to some sex tomorrow night and if I had known earlier that she would have been a flake, I would have rejiggered my schedule to make room for a sex party I know of - which is currently ongoing. Now as it stands, there will be no sex for the 646hedonist tonight and definitely no sex for him tomorrow. Fucking annoying.
What I really don't understand is whether women get it.... when you make plans follow through or don't make them at all.... To my female readers - why do young women flake so much ?
Is there some hidden dating agenda/strategy I am not seeing or is it another expression of female power ?
Yes, I'm still here, and still living decadently. Barebacking my way
through life, and loving it. I'll try to be a better kitten and post again.
Love, Bare...
8 years ago

I used to be a huge flake. Mostly because I just wasn't that into the other person, or perhaps I just didn't feel like going out anymore, or in some rare instances, I just didn't feel like getting "caught up".
ReplyDeleteBut I'm not sure if you actually set up dates with these partners or just sexual hook-ups.. because if it's the latter I wouldn't know.
I don't know why people flake, but I do not believe it is limited to just the female gender. I've had more than my fair share of male flakes.
ReplyDelete