Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A few thoughts on NYC Dating, Social Kabuki and the pursuit of sex.

So, I went on a date yesterday.

Rebound Chica, as I will term her, was someone I met a few weeks ago at a random club/lounge in the Lower East Side.

She wasn't the hottest chica, nor was she really slutty. I believe the technical term is "cute".

I had hoped that after a few dates she might put out but instead she kept wasting my time, being rude on the date by texting her (male) "friends" all the time and of course - exiting early to head back to her home in the outer boroughs.

This was date #2.

I wasn't feeling the chemistry and I have no time to waste on flighty nyc girls who will not have sex but want to keep me in their back pocket (while they might be presumably f***in someone else; who doesn't have to take them to high end cocktail bars to get the pussy).

So after putting her in a cab, I sent her a text message telling her that I thought we were looking for different things and that I was moving on. I will not waste my time.


And people ask why I hardly try anymore.

I don't see the payoff, I take said female out to drinks, act polite and I get less action than her blackberry.

Of course through this all, this girl is acting like drinks and being wined and dined are her birthright. She's not on my level economically or even from an equitable looks point of view - so the only thing she has to offer is sex; and she DID not do that in an acceptable enough timeframe for me.

Yet I am supposed to keep calling and texting in the hopes that I get some (most likely mediocre) sex ?

Fuck that.

I can go to a sex party or meet one of the couples I have known over the years, not have to jump through hoops and fuck 3 - 5 women in an evening. I am also guaranteed to enjoy the sex in a way that is a toss up with most plain vanilla chicas.

Now I accept that I am hard on women. Hardest on black women. My first experiences in High School with girls were not positive and I have never really forgotten that. Couple that with my very healthy sex drive and I have become jaded, cynical and almost brutal in my approach to the NYC dating game.

I guess this means I should focus my energies on getting sex without social kabuki.

Regular dating, for now anyway, just annoys me.

2 comments:

  1. Teeny-tiny suggestion, Hedgie: Keep up the swinging, by all means. Fun stories to read! But keep dating, too, just do it a little more selective than you must have done until now. Don't date girls/women who are whining spoiled brats and annoy you from the beginning, date only girls/women you like spending time with & feel you can have fun with. Drop the Japanese theatre ceremonials, go for fun. If you enjoy yourself with her, she'll probably enjoy being with you too. Chances are you will indeed get laid AND it will be a better lay than it would have been had she only "put out". BTW, avoid girls/women using the words "put out" too. A sure sign they don't go for sex for their own pleasure's sake.

    To fellow females (or males, for that sake): Giving your cell phone more attention than your date is just RUDE and annoying and would totally defend it if the person you're with suddenly decided to exit & leave you with the check...

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are just looking to get laid don't even bother taking the girls out. I know of easy peasy girls that you just invite over to watch a movie and they'll pretty much give it up.

    but some girls are looking for something long term and may hold out. make your intentions clear from the get. if they are mature, then all the bs should be cleared.

    ReplyDelete